30 July 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as reservation for OBCs, world’s first reprogrammable commercial satellite and first Assamese woman to win Olympic medal among others.
1. The central government has announced how much reservation for OBCs in medical courses?
a) 27 percent
b) 25 percent
c) 24 percent
d) 23 percent
2. Who has become the first Assamese woman to assure Indian an Olympic medal?
a) Mirabai Chanu
b) Mary Kom
c) Lovlina Borgohain
d) Hima Das
3. Who was the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal for India?
a) Mary Kom
b) Vijender Singh
c) Shiv Thapa
d) Vikas Krishan
4. Which state government has announced Rs. 5,650 crore package to assist small-scale farmers, traders?
b) Madhya Pradesh
5. NABARD has sanctioned Rs. 446 crores worth drinking water projects in districts of which state?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which space agency is all set to launch the world’s first reprogrammable commercial satellite?
7. India and which nation signed an agreement to extend the validity of the Triangular Cooperation agreement for global development till 2026?
8. Which nation has decided to reopen its borders to vaccinated tourists after 17 months of closure?
c) Saudi Arabia
1. (a) 27 percent
The central government has announced 27 percent reservation for OBCs, 10 percent for EWS candidates in the medical and dental colleges. This is expected to benefit nearly 1,500 OBC students in MBBS, 2,500 OBC students in postgraduation and 550 EWS students in MBBS and around 1,000 EWS students in postgraduation.
2. (c) Lovlina Borgohain
Lovlina Borgohain has become the first Assamese woman and first Indian boxer to assure India of an Olympic medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 after she defeated world no. 2 Chen Nien-Chin of Chinese Taipei 4-1 in the quarterfinals of the women’s welterweight event.
3. (b) Vijender Singh
Vijender Singh was the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal. He had won the bronze medal in men’s middleweight in 2008 Beijing Olympics. Mary Kom also won the bronze medal during the 2012 London Olympics.
4. (d) Kerala
The Kerala Government on July 30, 2021, announced a financial package of over Rs. 5,000 crores to revive the economy of the state that has been reeling due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. (b) Punjab
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) informed on July 29, 2021, that it has sanctioned Rs. 445.89 crores for the drinking water projects in Fazilka, Ferozepur, Rupnagar, and Hoshiarpur districts of Punjab.
6. (d) ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is all set to launch the world’s first commercial fully re-programmable satellite, the Eutelsat Quantum on July 30, 2021. The satellite, unlike convention satellite models that cannot be repurposed once in orbit, works on software-defined technology that offers flexible communications so that it can adapt to the demands of customers and markets in real-time.
7. (a) US
India and the United States on July 30, 2021 signed the Second Amendment to the Statement of Guiding Principles (SGP) on Triangular Cooperation for Global Development. The Second Amendment to the SGP agreement was signed to extend the validity of the SGP Agreement till 2026.
8. (c) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia announced on July 30, 2021, that it will reopen its borders to fully vaccinated foreign tourists after a closure of 17 months due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.