Current Affairs Quiz 10 September 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise Current Affairs of the day at ease. The day’s updated Current Affairs quizzes cover topics such as Bhabanipur Assembly bypolls, 2021 International Young Eco-Hero award and India-ADB 300 million dollar loan agreement among others.
1. When will the Bhabanipur Assembly by-election be held?
a) October 4th
b) September 30th
c) October 2nd
d) October 3rd
2. Who has BJP fielded against West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee from Bhabanipur?
a) Priyanka Tibrewal
b) Milan Ghosh
c) Sujit Das
d) Srijib Biswas
3. Who has been named as the winner of 2021 International Young Eco-Hero award?
a) Ayaan Shankta
b) Ayaan Mehta
c) Ayush Saina
d) Shagun Mehta
4. India and ADB signed a 300 million dollar loan agreement to expand rural connectivity in which state?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
5. Which nation’s cricket board has refused to host the Afghanistan men’s cricket team?
d) South Africa
6. India will hold ‘2+2’ dialogue with which nation on September 11 to discuss Afghanistan and Indo-Pacific region?
7. IOC has suspended which nation until the end of 2022 after it failed to send a team to Tokyo Olympic Games 2020?
a) South Korea
b) North Korea
8. Who has been named as the new captain of Afghanistan’s men’s cricket team for the T20 World Cup?
a) Mohammad Nabi
b) Gulbadin Naib
c) Asghar Afghan
d) Samiullah Shenwari
1. (b) September 30th
The Bhabanipur Assembly bypolls are scheduled to be held on September 30 and the counting will be held on October 3, 2021. Bhabanipur is the traditional seat of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
2. (a) Priyanka Tibrewal
The Bharatiya Janata Party has fielded Priyanka Tibrewal, Vice President of BJP’s youth wing in West Bengal against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee from the Bhabanipur assembly constituency.
3. (a) Ayaan Shankta
A 12-year-old environmental activist Ayaan Shankta from Mumbai, India, has been named as the winner of 2021 International Young Eco-Hero award for his efforts to solve tough environmental problems. Ayaan won third place in the 8-14 years age group category for his project ‘Conservation and Rehabilitation of Powai Lake’.
4. (c) Maharashtra
India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a 300 million dollar loan as additional financing to expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra under the ongoing Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project.
5. (b) Australia
Cricket Australia said that it will not host the Afghanistan men’s cricket team for the proposed Test match if “women’s cricket will not be supported in Afghanistan”. The announcement comes after the Taliban group prohibitted Afghanistan’s women from playing cricket.
6. (c) Australia
Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne and Defence Minister Peter Dutton to arrived in India on September 10th to hold ‘2+2’ ministerial dialogue in New Delhi on September 11, 2021. Union External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will lead the Indian delegation at the dialogue.
7. (b) North Korea
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has suspended North Korea until the end of 2022 after it failed to send a team to the Tokyo Games. The suspension means the country will miss out on the Beijing Winter Games.
8. (a) Mohammad Nabi
Veteran all-rounder Mohammad Nabi has been named as the new captain of Afghanistan men’s cricket team for the upcoming T20 World Cup after Rashid Khan stepped down from captaincy in protest against the selection of the national squad without his inputs.