England’s T20 World Cup-winning skipper Jos Buttler was awarded ICC Men’s Player of the Month for the first time and Sidra Ameen of Pakistan has won the ICC Women’s Player of the Month title for the second time in a row, owing to her performance in the ODI series triumph against Ireland.
Current Affairs in Short
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Maruti Suzuki) announced on December 12, 2022, that the Wagon R Flex Fuel prototype vehicle had been showcased in Delhi.
- The first-of-its-kind mass segment Flex Fuel prototype automobile was unveiled in the presence of Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
- In keeping with the government’s clean and green goals, the Wagon R Flex Fuel prototype is designed to operate on any ethanol-petrol combination ranging from 20% (E20) to 85% (E85).
- The automobile is designed and developed domestically by Maruti Suzuki engineers, with assistance from Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan.
- The Prime Minister virtually opened the All India Institute of Ayurveda in Goa, the National Institute of Unani Medicine in Ghaziabad, and the National Institute of Homeopathy in Delhi.
- He delivered a speech at the 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) and Arogya Expo. Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the All India Institute of Ayurveda in Dhargal will have a 50% reservation for Goans.
- Modi stated at the valedictory event of the 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) and Arogya Expo that these three organizations will accelerate the AYUSH healthcare system.
- He stated that Yoga and Ayurveda represent the new hope for the world and that Ayurveda is more than simply healing; it also encourages well-being. The Prime Minister emphasized the need of documenting Data Based Evidence in order to further promote Ayurveda.
- Following his outstanding performance in November, England’s T20 World Cup-winning skipper Jos Buttler was awarded ICC Men’s Player of the Month for the first time.
- Sidra Ameen of Pakistan has won the ICC Women’s Player of the Month title for the second time in a row, owing to her performance in the ODI series triumph against Ireland.
- Buttler, one of the world’s most destructive white-ball batsmen, defeated Adil Rashid and Shaheen Shah Afridi to receive the ICC Player of the Month award for his magnificent performance in the crucial semi-final match against India, which led England to their first T20 World Cup championship since 2010.
- In a remarkable step, New Zealand has adopted a measure that will prohibit the sale of cigarettes to anybody born on or after January 1, 2009.
- New Zealand is not the only country advocating for a smoking ban for future generations. In June, the UK government commissioned a paper that advocated raising the legal smoking age each year in order to phase out tobacco use among young people.
- The regulations were passed after their third and final reading on December 13, 2022, evening. The restrictions will take effect in 2023, with New Zealand aiming to be “smoke-free” by 2025.
- India and Finland have signed a joint statement of intent on migration and mobility in order to reach a mutually beneficial agreement on migration and mobility.
- Union Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan and Finland’s Minister of Employment Ms. Tuula Haatainen signed the proclamation.
- According to the Foreign Ministry, the proclamation underscores both nations’ will to work together to build a single framework of organization and collaboration. This will enable student, academic, researcher, business, and professional mobility while also combating irregular migration.
- India and Finland have cordial and friendly ties based on shared ideals such as democracy, freedom, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप