Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh wanted Assistant Professor for the 2022- 2023 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply Online application and submit a hard copy within the mentioned deadline.
Date Posted: 25th April 2022
Name of the Institution: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology
About Institution: The University has a board of management (BOM) as per the re-enactment and amendment act 1974 and the vice-chancellor is ts ex-officio chairmen. The other ex-officio members are principal secretaries of the state government to the departments of agriculture, finance, higher education and director of agriculture and animal husbandry of Uttar Pradesh. There is 01 member representing the legislative assembly and 05 members representing (01 each) agricultural scientists, progressive farmers, livestock breeders, distinguished industrialists and outstanding women social workers nominated by the state government. Besides, 01 nominees of the ICAR and 01 representatives of the registered graduate of the university are also included. Following has been the members of the BOM during 2012-13.
- Associate Professor
Employment Type: Full Time
- College of Horticulture
- College of Post Harvest Technology and Food Processing
- College of Technology
- College of Agriculture
- College of Biotechnology
- A Master degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR/ICAR or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such PhD candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode:
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners: d An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted, dj The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal:
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR/ICAR or any similar agency.
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC. CSIR and ICAR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
Job Location: Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
Salary: Rs. 1,31,400/-
Apply Mode: Online and Postal
Last Date: Candidates may apply Online within 30th April 2022 and submit a hard copy within 14th May 2022.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply through Online and Submit the hard copy of the application to the following address.
Administration and Monitoring,
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology,
Meerut-250 110, Uttar Pradesh.
For Detailed Faculty job Advertisement (Read Carefully): Click Here