Check Term 2 CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022 and prepare for Term 2 Class 11 English annual exams 2022.
Check Term 2 CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus and download it in PDF format. The link to download the PDF is given at the end of this article. Term 2 CBSE Class 11 English Elective annual exam will be based on the Term 2 Syllabus and students should synchronise their studies according to the term 2 CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022.
Term 2 CBSE Class 11 English (Elective) Syllabus 2022:
Reading Comprehension:12 marks – (6 + 3 + 3)
– Unseen passage (literary or discursive)
– Unseen Poem
– Case Based Unseen (Factual) Passage
Creative Writing Skills: 08 marks (4 + 4)
– Essay (on an Argumentative/Discursive/ Reflective/Descriptive topic)
– Speech ( on a contemporary/topical issue)
Literature: 10 marks (2+2+3+3)
Literary-Prose/Poetry-MCQs to test for comprehension, literary
appreciation and inference.
Book-Woven Words- Short Stories
– The Adventure of the Three Garridebs – Arthur Conan Doyle
– Pappachi’s Moth – Arundhati Roy
– The Third and Final Continent- Jhumpa Lahiri
Book-Woven Words- Poetry
– The World is too Much With Us – William Wordsworth
– Mother Tongue
– Padma Sachdev
– Hawk Roosting- Ted Hughes
– Ode to a Nightingale- John Keats
– Tribal Verse – G.N.Devy
– What is a Good Book?- John Ruskin
– The Story- E.M.Forster
– Bridges- Kumudini Lakhia
Fiction: 05 marks
The Old Man and the Sea (E. Hemingway)
Drama: 05 marks
Arms and the Man
(G.B Shaw)- Act- II & III
Total: 40 Marks
SEMINAR: 10 Marks
– Presentation – book review /a play /a short story/a novel/novella (tale, table, parable) to be followed by a question – answer session.
– Poetry reading to be followed by interpretative tasks based on close reading and literary analysis of the text.
– Critical review of a film or a play.
– Conducting a theatre workshop to be followed by a discussion
Grand Total: 40 + 10 = 50 Marks